Monday, June 23, 2008

I  am  inside  while  the sun 
broils  the  sidewalk  to  an 
astonishing 300 degrees C,
hot enough to extinctualize
some lost dinosaurs, but not
too hot for humans because
we are genetically superior.
In the future, us and genetics
will be a thing of the past, but
till then let us thank the God
in heaven (scenically located
3 miles behind the brick wall
at  the  edge  of  our  known 
universe - if you've hit the 
museum of lost space shit 
you've gone too far) that we
've been created in such a heat-
resistant image.

I recall that strange saying
about frying eggs on a side-
walk  which  is  laden  with 
germs and dirt by definition,
but it's not that hot or we'd
be vaporized instantly, like
vapor which we're not despite
some large percentage of our
bodies being composed of
water... supposedly.  I do not
like  people  who  only  use
clichés (but then again, 
probably yes i do) because
I can't get my brain to stop
screaming the word cliché 
and then passing judgments
on the person based on date
of cliché, age, race, and size.

Can't anyone think of some-
thing better to do with the
hot cement?  Like maybe 
melt a goldfish or turn chili
into lava.  Actually, today it's
not that hot out, it's really
very nice out there but still 
I am inside while the sun
broils a sidewalk in the 
amazon.  It's summer and
the breasts are in bloom.

1 comment:

Charish Halliburton said...

this is absolutely beautiful, dani.
Our bodies are made of water. . .supposedly?
let's fry some goddamn eggs!
I take my over-easy.