Wednesday, June 25, 2008

This is SERIOUS. . .

I'm not writing poetry today, i'm taking a break to have a panic attack melt down. Dani can write for the both of us, i see that she already has. I need to tell you guys something kind of serious. For those of you didn't know (Jenna and Mel) I had planned to finish summer school, (in a couple of weeks) do my last semester, and then graduate. After that, I got the opportunity to travel to Thailand to teach English, by way of Professor Strickland and his connections. I was pretty damned psyched about that, right?

My mother blows that out of the water this morning by telling me that i might not do any of that stuff because it's possible that my dad will get a promotion within the company (Wal-Mart). That means that we'd go to the home office (Arkansas) as early as August. I started freaking out and I really don't know what to do at this point. I wanted to graduation in Dec, like you don't even know and now, i would have to go to U of A and graduate there. I don't know what kind of graduation requirements they have. For all i know, I could have a year left there.

My mom said if i could find a way to finish out here, I could try it. So I really want to look at that option. I actually need to find a place to live until December, until i go to Thailand or something. If you guys can think of anyone, that would be extremely helpful. I'm going to think about possible professors I could stay with or someone from the library. I'm trying to think critically under pressure and it's a lot to deal with. I'd really appreciate if you guys gave me some feed back. I'm sure you will. I will be talking about this in therapy today. (I'll talk about that later) :)

Charish.

2 comments:

jaygoldz said...

This is bad. Arg this cannot happen. Your parents are whack for doing this to you. It's different when you make kids move....but you are not a kid anymore. And your poor sister....

Have you talked to anybody about living situations yet? Made any headway??

Charish Halliburton said...

Nothing just yet, i haven't been able to meet up with a lot of people today. Do you and dani have room in the new place or is it too cramped? I figured I would ask just in case.